To help boost trade we’ve initiated Truro Summer Nights – a late night shopping trial during the school summer holidays for all five Wednesdays in August.
#TruroSummerNights will give residents and visitors a chance to visit Truro on Wednesday nights in August and enjoy shopping, something to eat and drink and some light street entertainment.
We're promoting Truro Summer Nights in conjunction with Visit Truro. As well as getting coverage in the media we are advertising inside the Park and Ride buses and on leaflet inserts in the Truro Summer Guide which is distributed across Cornwall.
So that businesses can also promote #TruroSummernights we'll be shortly issuing posters for your shop windows and social media guidelines to those on board for late night shopping, as well as to the restaurants, pubs and bars that are usually open. The social media guidelines are also below.
If your businesses would like to stay open for the late-night trial starting on Wednesday 1st August please let us know by emailing: email@example.com
Truro Summer Nights - social media guidelines for businesses
We’re providing guidelines for posting so along with promoting your business everyone can promote #Trurosummernights consistently on their social media channels.
Details of the shops staying open are on the Visit Truro webpage:
Please also like and share Visit Truro Facebook posts about Truro Summer Nights (@visittruro) in both your personal and business account.
When posting on your social media channel:
- Download the correct image depending on whether you're posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. You can also one, two or three of the individual elements if appropriate for your business.
- Use the hashtags - #Trurosummernights and #ourgreatlittlecity
- Promote free evening parking in Cornwall Council Car Parks from 4pm in Long Stay Car Parks and from 5pm in Short Stay Car Parks. For details:
Facebook Cover Photo
- Use the Cover image if you wish to change your Facebook Cover Photo to promote Truro Summer Nights.
- To keep your existing cover photo and use an extension so it looks like our example then please use the Facebook Cover Photo Extension. This work best if your cover image is a photograph and not a logo. You will need to create a new image first in Paint or Photoshop.
- From your News Feed, click your name in the top left corner.
- Hover over Update Cover Photo in the top left of your current cover photo.
- Click Update Cover Photo. If you don't currently have a cover photo, click Add Cover Photo.
- Upload your image.
- Once your image is uploaded you can reposition it by clicking the image and dragging it up or down. Click Save Changes.