To help boost trade we initiated Truro Summer Nights – this was a late night shopping trial during the school summer holidays for all five Wednesdays in August.
#TruroSummerNights gave residents and visitors a chance to visit Truro on Wednesday nights in August and enjoy shopping, something to eat and drink and some light street entertainment.
We promoted Truro Summer Nights in conjunction with Visit Truro on social media. We received coverage in the media (BBC Radio Cornwall and BBC Spotlight) we are adverted inside the Park and Ride buses and leaflet inserts in the Truro Summer Guide which were distributed across Cornwall.
Posters were issued to promote #TruroSummernights and businesses were emailed with the social media packs.
Truro Summer Nights -
social media guidelines for businesses
Details of the shops staying open are on the Visit Truro
Please also like and share Visit Truro Facebook posts about Truro Summer Nights (@visittruro) in both your personal and business account.
When posting on your social media channel:
- Download the correct image depending on whether you're posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. You can also one, two or three of the individual elements if appropriate for your business.
- Use the hashtags - #Trurosummernights and #ourgreatlittlecity
- Promote free evening parking in Cornwall Council Car Parks from 4pm in Long Stay Car Parks and from 5pm in Short Stay Car Parks. For details:
Facebook Cover Photo
- Use the Cover image if you wish to change your Facebook Cover Photo to promote Truro Summer Nights.
- To keep your existing cover photo and use an extension so it looks like our example then please use the Facebook Cover Photo Extension. This work best if your cover image is a photograph and not a logo. You will need to create a new image first in Paint or Photoshop.
- From your News Feed, click your name in the top left corner.
- Hover over Update Cover Photo in the top left of your current cover photo.
- Click Update Cover Photo. If you don't currently have a cover photo, click Add Cover Photo.
- Upload your image.
- Once your image is uploaded you can reposition it by clicking the image and dragging it up or down. Click Save Changes.
Truro Summer Nights - Feedback
Thank you to everyone who supported Truro Summer Nights, the late night shopping trial on Wednesdays throughout August was to stimulate the local economy. The decision to go ahead was based on extensive support, including via Facebook. Whilst it didn't produce the numbers we hoped we'd like to hear from retailers who took part and also restaurants, bars and pubs about how it went for them. Please complete the survey here!