Reopening of restaurants, pubs, cafes, hotels and hairdressers
Updated 23rd September
On 22nd September the Government announced a number of changes to address rising cases of coronavirus in England which affect businesses selling food or drink from 24th September. Information is detailed on our Coronavirus page and in the Government News Story.
Note that from Friday 18 September, Pubs and restaurants will be legally required to take contact details of a member from each customer party, retain these details for 21 days, and provide them to NHS Test & Trace without delay when required. For details see the Government's news release.
Reopening of restaurants, pubs, cafes, hotels and hairdressers in July
The Prime Minister confirmed on 23rd June that the following businesses can reopen from 4th July provided they adhere to the COVID-19 Secure Guidance before reopening:
- Hotels, B&B's, holiday homes and campsites
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars
- Cinemas, museums, galleries and bingo halls
- Hair salons and barbers
- Libraries and community centres
- Places of worship
- Outdoor playgrounds and gyms
- Funfairs, theme parks and amusement arcades
The COVID-19 guidance is to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely and to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Here's the Government for:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- hairdressers and barbers (close contact services) and
- Hotels and other guest accommodation.
Please note -the following businesses must stay closed until further notice:
- Indoor Theatres
All businesses reopening should also:
- Read and implement the five steps to working safely
- Complete the COVID-19 risk assessment
- Display the COVID-19 secure poster
- Get in touch with Truro BID by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns, issues or require further support.
If you own or run a restaurant, café or pub in Truro tell us when you'll be reopening and selling food and/or drink for customers to consume at your venue and how you are operating differently. Please answer the questions in the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HTCWDKJ.
We are working with Visit Truro to help promote
those reopening - online & on social media. Thanks if you've answered the questions already.
Social Distancing Posters
We have produced some downloadable social distancing posters which can be displayed on your windows or instore. These are: We are open, Please wash your hands regularly, Please pay by contactless where possible and Signs to help manage queues.