Reopening of restaurants, pubs, cafes, hotels and hairdressers
The Prime Minister confirmed on 23rd June that the following businesses can reopen from 4th July provided they adhere to the COVID-19 Secure Guidance before reopening:
- Hotels, B&B's, holiday homes and campsites
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars
- Cinemas, museums, galleries and bingo halls
- Hair salons and barbers
- Libraries and community centres
- Places of worship
- Outdoor playgrounds and gyms
- Funfairs, theme parks and amusement arcades
The COVID-19 guidance is to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely and to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Here's the Government for:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- hairdressers and barbers (close contact services) and
- Hotels and other guest accommodation.
Please note -the following businesses must stay closed until further notice:
- Beauty salons and nail bars
- Massage, tattoo and piercing parlours
- Indoor gyms and swimming pools
- Soft-play areas and bowling alleys
The Government is continuing to work with these sectors to establish taskforces to help them to become COVID Secure and reopen as soon as possible.
The guidance for close contact services includes advice for beauty & nail bars, and tattoo and spray tanning studios to help prepare these businesses to reopen once they are allowed to.
All businesses reopening should also:
- Read and implement the five steps to working safely
- Complete the COVID-19 risk assessment
- Display the COVID-19 secure poster
- Get in touch with Truro BID by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns, issues or require further support.
If you own or run a restaurant, café or pub in Truro tell us when you'll be reopening and selling food and/or drink for customers to consume at your venue and how you are operating differently. Please answer the questions in the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HTCWDKJ.
We are working with Visit Truro to help promote
those reopening - online & on social media. Thanks if you've answered the questions already.
Social Distancing Posters
We have produced some downloadable social distancing posters which can be displayed on your windows or instore. These are: We are open, Please wash your hands regularly, Please pay by contactless where possible and Signs to help manage queues.