Truro Town Fund
Prime Minister Boris Johnson visited Truro on 7 April 2021 to announce the £23.6 million Deal for Truro which will help transform Cornwall’s capital into a Connected River City and support its vision of becoming a modern economic, cultural and green capital for its residents and the wider community by 2030.
The Deal will breathe new life into Truro's waterfront by creating new business spaces, vibrant and green event areas, promenades and new ferry terminals with berthing facilities and pontoons. The investment will also:
- boost Truro's cultural and tourism offer by transforming some of its historic buildings into thriving businesses.
- include a new ‘winter garden’ at Boscawen Park to build on Truro’s national reputation as a city of bloom.
- connect key locations and attractions with accessible walking and cycling.
- help convert some of Truro’s unused buildings into much-needed new homes..
Truro Town Fund Accelerator Fund
In 2020, we are successfully secured funding from the Truro Town Fund Deal Accelerator Fund so were able to purchase:
- the illuminated Cathedral Installation on Trafalgar Roundabout and over 80 Illuminated Reindeer for shops windows to enhance the Our Great Little City Festive Offer.
- market equipment to support us to deliver outdoor markets to generate new and additional footfall into the city that will potentially benefit many other businesses e.g. Truro Antiques & Collectables Market, Duchy Fairs markets and the market stalls at Children's Day.