Healthy Streets Trial Launched 19 July
Truro BID Summer 2021 Newsletter
Stay Covid Alert Posters for Businesses
Truro ranked as one of the best performing retail centres
We're delighted that despite the pandemic, Truro has been ranked as Britain's 17th best performing in a list of 1,000 retail centres compiled by strategic retail property consultancy Harper Dennis Hobbs – climbing 72 places compared to last year’s rankings. For details see the news item from Cornwall Live.
What we do...
Truro BID works with Visit Truro and aims to position Truro as a leading destination for tourism, businesses and local people by creating a vibrant, well connected, well marketed and well presents great little city.
We successfully renewed for a third term with the strongest mandate to date in 2017. Whilst this has been restricted by Covid-19, the Truro BID team delivers projects within 4 key project themes detailed below and you can click on the links to find out more:
Events - Celebrating our City
Environment - The City's Streets
Marketing - Our Great Little City
Business - Supporting the City
A flavour of the projects delivered by Truro BID during the past 10 years include:
- the annual city centre Christmas lighting scheme with a supporting 6 week programme of festive events.
- annual marketing campaigns highlighting the cities retail and tourism offer.
- the City centre signage and wayfinding system.
- financial contributions to Truro City Council leading to award winning summer floral displays.
COVID-19 - Truro BID recognise this is still a challenging time for businesses and we want to support you how we can.
We've been supporting businesses and the wider economic recovery of Truro since Lockdown 1.0. For details see our specific webpages:
- Truro BID activities during Lockdown 1.0.
- Truro BID activities during the first reopening phase from June to November 2020.
- Truro BID activities during Lockdown 2.0 and reopening in December 2020.
- Truro BID activities during Lockdown 3.0 and reopening in April 2021