What we do
We deliver events, projects and services for the benefit of Truro, Truro's businesses and everyone working in the City Centre.
We are a non-for-profit organisation that delivers activities within three themes:
- Events & Marketing
- Safety, Security & Environment and
- Business Support.
A flavour of the projects delivered by Truro BID during the past five years are:
- The annual City Centre Christmas lighting scheme with a supporting five week programme of festive events, including Festive Friday featuring Truro's Christmas Lights Switch-on.
- Marketing the Christmas offer and other BID-led events to promote Truro as a destination.
- The City Centre signage and wayfinding system.
- Truro's colourful bunting from March to October.
- Part-funding the city's floral displays with Truro City Council, delivered by the Truro City Council's Parks Team and leading to award winning summer floral displays.
- Supporting two regular outdoor markets on Lemon Quay, The Truro Antiques & Collectables Market and the Cornwall Shop Small Market to generate extra footfall into the city.
- Leading on the Shopwatch initiative which supports retailers in the City to work together to address anti-social behaviour and crime affecting Truro's businesses.
For more details about our work see Truro BID's achievements from 2017 to 2021.
Christmas in Truro 2023 including Finding Father Christmas at the Museum
Autumn 2023 Truro BID Printed Newsletter
All Truro businesses are invited to attend the next Shopwatch meeting, which will be held on Tuesday 9 January 10am at the Truro BID Offices, First Floor, Truro Community Library.
Shopwatch meetings provide businesses with a chance to share city centre crime related topics, local knowledge and issues with other businesses, Truro's anti-social behaviour officer, the police and Truro BID.