What we do
We deliver events, projects and services for the benefit of Truro, Truro's businesses and everyone working in the City Centre.
We are a non-for-profit organisation that delivers activities within three themes:
- Events & Marketing
- Safety, Security & Environment and
- Business Support.
A flavour of the projects delivered by Truro BID during the past five years are:
- The annual City Centre Christmas lighting scheme with a supporting five week programme of festive events, including Festive Friday featuring Truro's Christmas Lights Switch-on.
- Marketing the Christmas offer and other BID-led events to promote Truro as a destination.
- The City Centre signage and wayfinding system.
- Truro's colourful bunting from March to October.
- Part-funding the city's floral displays with Truro City Council, delivered by the Truro City Council's Parks Team and leading to award winning summer floral displays.
- Supporting two regular outdoor markets on Lemon Quay, The Truro Antiques & Collectables Market and the Cornwall Shop Small Market to generate extra footfall into the city.
- Leading on the Shopwatch initiative which supports retailers in the City to work together to address anti-social behaviour and crime affecting Truro's businesses.
For more details about our work see Truro BID's achievements from 2017 to 2021.
Truro Classic Car Show - July 2024
All Truro businesses are invited to attend the next Shopwatch meeting, which will be held on Tuesday 5 March 10am at the Truro BID Offices, First Floor, Truro Community Library.
Shopwatch meetings provide businesses with a chance to share city centre crime related topics, local knowledge and issues with other businesses, Truro's anti-social behaviour officer, the police and Truro BID.