COVID-19 - Truro BID recognise this is a challenging time for businesses and we want to support you how we can.
Update on 23 February
- Step 2, no earlier than 12 April the reopening of non-essential retail and personal care premises e.g. hairdressers and nail salons, hospitality venues - outdoor only and self-contained holiday accommodation.
- Step 3, no earlier than 17 May the reopening of indoor hospitality, cinemas and soft play areas, and the rest of the accommodation sector.
- Step 4, no earlier than 21 June: It is hoped all legal limits on social contact can be removed. Reopening of nightclubs, and lifting restrictions on large events.
For details of business support and what we are doing during Lockdown 3.0 see our Coronavirus page.
Christmas 2020 and Truro Events Survey for Truro Businesses
Truro ranked as one of the best performing retail centres
We're delighted that despite the pandemic, Truro has been ranked as Britain's 17th best performing in a list of 1,000 retail centres compiled by strategic retail property consultancy Harper Dennis Hobbs – climbing 72 places compared to last year’s rankings. For details see the news item from Cornwall Live.
We've been supporting businesses and the wider economic recovery of Truro since Lockdown 1.0. For details see our specific webpages:
- Truro BID activities during Lockdown 1.0.
- Truro BID activities during the first reopening phase from June to November.
- Truro BID activities during Lockdown 2.0 and reopening in December.
What we do...
Truro BID works with Visit Truro and aims to position Truro as a leading destination for tourism, business, and local people by creating a vibrant, well connected, well marketed and well-presented great little city.
We successfully renewed for a third term with the strongest mandate to date in 2017. Prior to COVID the Truro BID team were delivering projects within 4 key project themes detailed below; Events, Environment, Marketing and Business.
A flavour of the projects delivered by Truro BID during the past 10 years include:
- the annual city centre Christmas lighting scheme with a supporting 6 week programme of festive events.
- annual marketing campaigns highlighting the cities retail and tourism offer.
- the City centre signage and wayfinding system.
- financial contributions to Truro City Council leading to award winning summer floral displays.