Fiver Fest Truro
To show the importance of supporting our high streets, we brought the Totally Locally Fiver Fest to the city on 12 - 26 June 2021.
Truro joined with over 100 Independent High Streets across the UK, to put on very special £5 offers. Over 50 businesses took part with over 70 offers across entertainment, health & beauty, shopping and food and drink.
The simply message was: If every adult in Truro spent just £5 per week in their local independent shops and businesses, it would mean £3.7 Million per year going directly into our local Truro economy.
Marketing Fiver Fest
To promote Fiver Fest and following our media release we did a BBC Radio Cornwall interview, achieved front page of the West Briton (Truro edition) and inside in all West Briton editions, had coverage in the Truro Voice, and on Cornwall Live. In addition:
- Truro's Town Crier did a shout out and we put up posters in the public realm.
- we promoted on social media (@trurobid and daily during the event @trurosupersavers)
- we did Facebook advertising on @trurosupersavers directing customer to Visit Truro’s Fiver Fest webpage.
- Visit Truro posted daily about Fiver Fest on Facebook during the event.
- Participating businesses also played a part and were encouraged to post on their social media, host posters detailing their £5 and chat to their customers about Fiver Fest.
Overall the Truro Businesses that took part were positive about the event, with the majority surveyed saying that they'd be interested in taking part again in a future Fiver Fest.
The £5 offers seemed to work best for those businesses in the hospitality sector.